The Paleo Diet, which was created by Robb Wolf, consists of eating lean meats, fruits, veggies and healthy fats while avoiding added sugar and processed foods. There ae plenty of health benefits from the Paleo diet. These benefits include;
- Stable blood sugar
- Reduced inflammation
- Improved workouts and sleep
- Efficiently burned off stored fat
Personally, I found extraordinary results that went beyond just weight loss. That was one of the reasons I changed to a Paleo lifestyle, but I was surprised by all of the extra benefits it provided. I thought I had made significant changes in my life prior to this change, but once I fully committed to the Paleo way I noticed huge changes.
- No more brain fog– Often people hear about ‘brain fog lifting’ when they remove gluten from their diets. I can attest to experiencing this more fully once I incorporated the Paleo diet into my everyday life. It was literally like I had always had a fog around my head everyday, but I didn’t know it was there until it wasn’t anymore. It’s an amazing shift to say the least.
- Improved Eyesight– Now, this might be hard to believe, but it’s true! Every year I have an annual eye exam and my eyes are terrible and get worse every year. The summer following the start of my Paleo way of life, I had some headaches pretty much everyday. I was surprised since I had been feeling so great. I learned at my exam that my eyesight had improved for the first time since learning I needed glasses at twelve years old. The headaches were a result of my prescription being so off from what I was currently wearing. It was incredible.
- Improved Hearing – Now, this one can’t be proved as well as an eye exam, however I noticed a huge difference. At this time I had been serving at a busy restaurant for a couple of years. The kitchen was huge and very loud. At that point the noise had never bothered me. One day, about a month and half into my change of diet, someone dumped plates into the trays like we do everyday and I jumped. The noise was so loud it hurt my ears. I couldn’t believe it. I was shocked, but noticeably bothered by the noise now. It was like my ears were finally open to all of the sounds available.
- Lessened Eczema– I have had eczema on the back of my legs since I was very little and in college I had it on my arms as well. From everything I have learned about eczema, I believe mine was a combination of stress, environmental factors and food. I haven’t had any issues with eczema since adapting this lifestyle. Again, I believe it was more than my diet, but I can’t dismiss the huge part that diet plays in our skin as well.
- No More Bloat– I used to believe feeling gross and bloated after every meal was normal. It is not normal in case you were wondering. After changing to the Paleo way, I always feel good and satisfied after I eat. I am no longer bloated after I eat or in general. It’s truly incredible how food affects our bodies.
I understand this will not be everyone’s experience. I just hope that my experience encourages you to try it for yourself and see what kinds of results you might have and feel free to share them with me.
‘ Let food be thy medicine…’